We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This bean salad is taken to new, luxurious levels with the addition of eggs, anchovies, and your favorite summer squash.
- ¼ cup bulgur (not quick-cooking)
- 12 ounces haricots verts or green beans, trimmed
- 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small summer squash or zucchini, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 medium Persian cucumber, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup parsley leaves with tender stems
- Finely grated Parmesan (for serving)
Cook bulgur according to package directions; drain and set aside
Meanwhile, cook eggs in a large saucepan of boiling water 8 minutes (the yolks should be just set). Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to a colander set inside a bowl of ice water and chill until cold. Lift colander out of bowl; peel and coarsely chop eggs. Transfer eggs to a plate. Add more ice to bowl.
Return water in saucepan to a boil; add a generous handful of salt. Cook haricots verts until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to bowl with ice water. Chill until cold; drain and pat dry.
Using the side of a chef’s knife, mash anchovies and garlic to form a paste. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in vinegar, mustard, lemon zest, and pepper; season with salt. Add bulgur, haricots verts, zucchini, cucumber, and parsley to bowl and toss until vegetables are evenly coated. Serve topped with eggs and Parmesan.
Do Ahead: Haricots verts can be blanched and anchovy vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill separately.