- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
- Green bean salad
Make this glorious salad when green beans are in season. It is light, fresh and utterly irresistible.
14 people made this
- 50ml red grape or apple juice
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 350g green beans, cut into short lengths
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 300g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
MethodPrep:25min ›Ready in:25min
- Whisk together the grape juice, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, oil, ginger and salt in a large bowl. Add the onion, stirring to coat in the dressing. Set aside.
- Cook the green beans in boiling water for 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and refresh in a sieve under cold running water, to cool quickly and retain their bright green colour. Add to the bowl with the onions and toss to combine.
- Gently fold in the red and white canned beans and stir everything together. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Serve as an accompaniment to cold cuts, or for an easy meal with some tasty cheese and rustic bread. * This would also be good for a large supper or buffet party, or packed up to take on a picnic. For a heartier meal, add strips of cold roast chicken or beef. * Use frozen green beans when fresh are not in season. Cook following pack instructions, then refresh in cold water.